Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Verse One


Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Yesterday, I needed a reminder that God is in control. I needed to hear - yet again - that I have nothing to fear. I chose this familiar verse because it was exactly what I needed to hear, exactly when I needed to hear it. What verse did you choose to memorize first in 2014? I look forwarding to hearing the verses you choose to memorize, too!

*I'm posting about scripture memory in 2014 and all are welcome to join me! Read more about My Sword 2014.

7 comments:

  1. I chose Ephesian 4:29
    "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
    All Scripture is God- breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking,correcting,and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Galatians 1:10
    For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!