Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Verse Two


There was a time, in the not-so-distant past, when I was dealing with the aching pain of rejection. It was a dark, insecure place. Not only was I feeling rejected, but I also felt isolated, as if I were the only person on the face of the earth who had ever felt that pain. I truly doubted that anyone could understand how I felt. In the midst of my despair, the homework for a Bible study I was attending at the time directed me to read Isaiah chapter 53.

If there was ever a chapter of the Bible that so radically changed me, it was that chapter on that day. I was amazed, and filled with the love of God when I read that I was not alone ~ I was not the only one to experience rejection! Not only did Christ experience the gut-wrenching pain of rejection (and therefore understand how I felt), he was rejected by everyone on the earth. There is no comfort on earth  that compares to the realization that Christ so loved me that he died on the cross for me, despite enduring all the pain of (my!) rejection. My pain pales in comparison to his - and he loves and forgives anyway!

Words cannot possibly describe how much this chapter has meant to me; how I've returned to it time after time for a reminder and reassurance. This is the first time that I've selected a verse of this chapter to memorize, and I chose this verse because I never want to forget that he has not only felt my pain, but borne the pain of my sin, and yet he loves me still.

What about you? Feel free to enter your memory verse in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Thank you for sharing this, it was encouragement to me, and I can so relate to the pain of rejection, but Gods love is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's love IS better, because it is forever! I'm glad you were encouraged, friend!

      Delete
  2. "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.". (Joshua 1:8-9)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent thoughts, Amy. I also think of Romans 5:8: 'But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.' I do not deserve his love, but He loves me anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!