Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Sword, V8

"But godliness with contentment is great gain."
1 Timothy 6:16

As I seek to live a simple, quiet life, it is important for me to remember to be content. It is so easy, especially in our society today, to want want WANT WANT. Being content not only with what you have, but also with where you are in your life is not always easy. The grass isn't greener... we know that in our heads, but so often our hearts don't remember.

I was a working mom, and OH! How hard it was! I hated not being with my little love all day five days a week! Now I am a stay at home mom, and OH! How hard it is! I recognize that SAHMs have less time to themselves than working moms. A friend was recently asking me, "How do you like staying at home?"

"I love it," I replied.

"But didn't you like your job?" he asked.

"I loved it," I replied. And I did. I had the best job... it was a perfect fit for me. I got a lot of satisfaction from it. I enjoyed every minute of it and could have worked that job for the rest of my life as happily as could be.

"But you love not working?" he asked, as if he was trying to figure out how both could be true.

"I do," I answered, "Because as much as I loved my job, I love my boys more and want to be the one to take care of them. I will have lots of years to go back to work after they are grown. I want to enjoy this time as a mom as much as I can."

1 Timothy 6:16 is a good reminder to me of my own words on those mornings when the baby wakes up at 5:38am and I know my day is going to be LONG. This too shall pass, Amy. This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!