Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Thursday - In Honor of Osias

Back when I worked outside the home, I used to send a group of coworkers what I called "Happy Thursday" emails. My Happy Thursday emails were essentially an inspirational quote and a few encouraging words. It was something that I enjoyed doing and I got lots of feedback that it "meant a lot" to those who received the emails.

Recently, a friend of mine lost her son to CHD. On her facebook, she asked that he be remembered on Thursdays (he was born and passed away on Thursdays) and honored by an act of kindness. Here is her exact post:

Osias was born and died on Thursdays. If his precious life inspired you at all, please use this Thursday to honor his memory. Go out of your way to be kind to someone, start something you've been putting off, learn something new--anything that enriches life for others and/or yourself.

I've contemplated the return of my Happy Thursdays for a while now, but have decided to start them again in honor of Osias Gregory Wenner. I fell in love with that little guy, despite the fact that I never met him face to face on this earth. His little life touched many others, and I cherished the privilege to pray for him and his family while he was here... I love the idea of honoring his memory on Thursdays in the best way I know how... encouraging others in their growth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!