Saturday, March 1, 2014

How will I love Jesus today? - Verse Five

My mornings start at 5:30am.

This is what my early morning looks like.


For a long time, I would get up at 5:30 only M-F but recently I've begun getting up early on the weekends, too. This is not for everyone, but for me, this is the time of day that is quiet. The time of day when I can think and be alone. It is beyond worth it to me to have this time of peace to get up early. (It's not like the boys let me sleep past 7 anyway!)

I'm currently participating in a Beth Moore Bible study called Jesus, The One and Only. I haven't done a Beth Moore study I haven't liked, although I've liked some better than others (Esther and the Patriarchs are my favorites, in case you're wondering). This particular study hasn't really grabbed me like some of them do - at least, not until this week. Week Four, Day Four, to be precise. The title of the day's homework is "Loving Much." It covers the story from Luke 7:36-50 about the woman with the alabaster jar of perfume. If you don't know the story, I urge you to stop reading this blog post and go read it right now.

The page out of my homework

Anyway, all of this ties into My Sword 2014 because as I completed the homework assignment, I asked myself this question, "How am I going to love on Jesus today?" I realized that I need to ask myself this question every day. How am I showing my love for my savior on a daily basis? There are many answers to this question and I will not belabor the point any longer, except to say that it was a powerful reminder to me.

Because of my Bible study homework this week, I've selected John 14:21 as My Sword verse five.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!