Monday, December 6, 2010

Crock Pot Corn Chowder

1 onion, chopped and sautéed until tender
3 cans sweet corn (or 2 bags frozen corn)
3 red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
2 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled (optional)
1 32oz. carton chicken broth
¾ cup milk or half and half
¼ cup cornstarch

Put first five ingredients in crock pot.  Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 10-12 hours.  During last half-hour of cooking, stir cornstarch into milk or half and half; add to crock pot to thicken.

*** I should add a few notes to these recipes.  The corn starch in all my crock pot recipes really is optional.  I thicken my recipes because my husband prefers it that way.  Also, I do not like a lot of salt and find that the broths make the recipes salty enough for ME, however, my husband always adds salt to his dish so it might be a good idea to add a teaspoon of salt or so to the pot before cooking.  Again, totally optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!