Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bracketology

I fill out a bracket every year for March Madness. I do this not because I know anything about college basketball, but because my husband enjoys it. The funny thing is, that I do pretty well! I readily admit that I know nothing about college basketball, but I fill out my bracket on my own because I don't want anyone (read: The Hubs) to be able to say, "You only did that well because I helped you." (This is the same reason that I don't accept any assistance with my Fantasy Football team, but that is a post for another day.)

Just because I don't know anything about it doesn't mean that there isn't a method to my madness! (Pun completely intended! Bwahahahaha!) Here is my thought process: there are ranking numbers next to all of the teams on the brackets, but there are always upsets (for non-bracketing friends, an "upset" is where a lower ranked ream beats a higher ranked team). So, I go mostly with the rankings and randomly choose some upsets. I say "randomly" because it is fairly random. Truth is, ESPN is on the TV so much at my house that I unintentionally absorb some of it and I overheard an announcer talk about his guess that a certain team would surprise everyone. I took that information into consideration (aka, went with what he said).

Here is my bracket thus far this year:


I have been laughed at, scorned and mocked for choosing Marquette to go so far, and also for choosing Oregon. Harumph. That's why I'M WINNING, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Of course, I won't win for long, but it is so much fun to see my uneducated guesses beat the brackets of those who follow college basketball closely all season. (Me? Competitive? Nah!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!