Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Sword, V1

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Romans 12:12

For several years now, I've secretly told myself, "You need to work on your prayer life. You don't pray enough." In times of trouble, or heartache, or just plain idleness, I want my default setting to be conversation with my Best Friend. It doesn't come naturally... why is that?

Praying is talking... and a conversation with a good friend takes work! Even (especially?) in this world of constant media communication, I rarely seem to have a good, ol' fashioned conversation with people.  It's just easier to "connect" via media; it takes real work to carve out the time to call or meet and actually talk.

So it is with our most important relationship. I chose Romans 12:12 for my first memory verse of 2013 because I needed the reminder to pray FIRST. (I also needed the reminder to rejoice in hope, but more on that later!) When I feel the stress begin to skate up my back, when my heart is downcast, and when I have a few moments where my brain isn't necessarily occupied (like when I do the dishes!), I want to be purposeful about prioritizing those opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!