Friday, March 8, 2013

My Sword, V5

"Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord! Renew them in our day, in our time, make them known; in wrath remember mercy."
Habakkuk 3:2

Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed by the evil in the world. It can be easy to forget that there is hope because we have chosen the side of victory when all we hear is doom and gloom and all we see is that life is HARD. I recently read a book in which a man of faith performed miracles just because he loved God so much that miraculous things happened wherever he went. (Perhaps I should review that book in another post--- it was a worthwhile read to be sure!) We see so few miracles in our day! Maybe that's because we have so little faith... or maybe the miracles are there, but we don't see them because we aren't looking for them! When next I feel discouraged by the evil that surrounds us, I will remind myself of this verse, and start actively seeking the deeds of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!