Friday, March 8, 2013

My Sword, V4

"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me, no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me."
Isaiah 43:10

One of my major life battles has been to fight against insecurity. There are lots of layers there; perhaps that is a topic for another day. However, this verse is one that reminds me that the God of the universe, Creator Most High, has chosen me. Of all of the tiny, insignificant drops in the sea, He not only sees me and cares. He chose ME! He wants me to know Him! He wants me to believe Him! He wants me to understand! He wants a relationship with ME. If there is any weapon against insecurity, it is this verse! How can one be insecure when she knows that the Lord wants her!? Any time that I feel the tendrils of insecurity wafting around me, I can shout these words to the rooftops and rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!