Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day One: Story of my life in 250 words or less...


I was born Amy Elizabeth. My parents chose the name Amy because they liked it and Elizabeth after my maternal grandmother. I was home schooled from K-12, and while there was a time when I wished I could go to school, I truly loved being home educated and feel that I got a wonderful education. My family moved from Florida to Kansas when I was 16 and it was one of the hardest things that happened in my life, but also one of the best. There was never a time that I didn’t know that I wanted to go to college and I graduated with a degree in English from Wichita State University in 2004. I got married in December of 2004 to a wild man. He grins when I call him that. He doesn’t think it’s true, but sometimes I list off the reasons why he is wild and then he can’t argue. Since I’m not wild at all, it’s good for both of us. We had a beautiful man-child in 2009. I call him Big Brother. We had another beautiful man-child in 2012 who was born 13 weeks premature. (I call him Little Brother.) His journey in the NICU was one of the other hardest things I ever experienced, but I wouldn’t trade him for anything! I used to work outside the home (at a financial institution), and now I have joined the ranks of the stay-at-home-moms (SAHMs).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!