Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Sword, V12

For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
-Romans 15:4

This is going to be a story.

I'll try to be brief.

Or not. As the whim (and Little Brother's nap) takes me.

As you know, I've been selecting and posting my scripture memory verses this year. I've memorized two verses per month for the last two years, along with the Living Proof Ministries "Siesta" community. This has been huge for me.

The last time I faithfully memorized scripture was for the two-year period when my husband and I were dating. When we first started dating, he asked me to memorize John 15 with him. We did 1 verse per week, then started on Psalm 91. For some reason, we got out of the habit of scripture memory as soon as we got married. (Don't allow that to happen to you. The Older, Wiser Amy of now shakes her head at the Younger, Newly-Married Amy of 2005.)

The Hubs knows about my scripture memory, and he has been doing some on his own with an accountability partner for a while now. However, two weeks ago, he asked me if we could start memorizing together again.

Um, YES. {I hope you can see all of the little hearts floating above my head at this point, just like Sally from the Peanuts.}

So, we are going to take turns selecting a verse every week and memorize them together. Ergo, the verse above was his choice and I don't have a whole lot to say about why it was chosen. I don't think you can go wrong memorizing ANY verse, though, because at some point it will be relevant if it isn't today.

I will continue to do My Sword posts, though, especially for the verses that I select!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!