Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Sword, V10

Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name.
-Psalm 86:11

The words "rely on your faithfulness" echo endlessly in my ears. Oh, that I would actually, visibly, truly, wholly, ALWAYS rely on His faithfulness! No more of this unconsciously relying on my silly self, but recognizing immediately when I am attempting to take over! I'm reminded of the Gnarls Barkley song "Crazy" whenever I start to deceive myself into thinking I'm in control:

Hahaha, bless your soul!
You really think you're in control?
Well.
I think you're crazy.

I enjoy the song because it reminds me of my brother Aaron (I can just hear him singing the tune and envision the way he would bob his head as he sang), but also because it reminds me that I am NOT in control.

Teach me your way, Oh, Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!