Thursday, September 12, 2013

Change is Painful


A while back I was thinking about growing. If we aren't growing, we are becoming stagnant. Growth is important, but growth always seems to be painful in some way.

When my brother was an early teen, he hit a very quick growth spurt. I remember him having really terrible knee pain because his bones grew so quickly. Now, at the time, it was terrible. I haven't actually asked him, but I bet he is glad he went through that growth spurt - albeit painful - now that he is man!

It can be hard to see that the painful things we endure are bringing change to our lives.  If we remember that growing equals change and change equals pain, we may steel ourselves to persevere through them.

"Put off your old self... and put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness." Eph. 4:22-24

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!