Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day Twenty-Three: Things I've learned that school didn't teach me


Here are just a few things I have learned that they don't teach in school:


  • You hear all of the time that "you will reap what you sow." I have learned that you also reap what other people sow. This is a really hard truth to accept. It's not popular.  By nature of forgiveness and unconditional love, you will reap what other people sow. This is part of life.
  • The older I get, the less I seem to know. I used to think I had a few things figured out. Ha! Now, I know I don't have anything figured out!
  • There are no perfect lives. If anyone looks like they've got it all together... well, they're just doing an exceptionally good job of hiding their core pain. That is all.
  • You don't know who truly loves you until you go through something terrible. When trials strike, your true friends will come into focus out of the blurry crowd. You will know who truly loves you, because only love gives aid to those in need.
  • Sometimes, it takes more courage to endure through monotony than to try something new. We like to think that the trailblazers are the most brave. It does take courage to change. I don't deny that.  But when things aren't going well, and you have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, it takes great fortitude to persevere. We need to celebrate endurance through things just as much as we celebrate new initiatives.
  • You don't get to know people by talking. You get to know people by asking the right questions. Always ask questions. This is how you learn, and learning is how you grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!