Sunday, July 14, 2013

Side Note: Guy Pen

Well over a year ago, Big Brother found an ink pen in a breakfast cereal box. Here it is:
Obi-Won Kenobi ink pen
He uses it all.of.the.time. He has never watched Star Wars and doesn't know what that is, so the fact that the pen is a character from those movies is beyond him. He calls this ink pen his "guy pen." Because, it's a guy. And it's a pen. And I love that about him.

The other day, we were talking about the fact that his mechanical pencil ran out of lead, and he went to get his guy pen to finish his drawing.

"You know," I told him, "someday, your guy pen will run out of ink."

"It will?" He was horrified.

"Yes."

"WHY?"

"Because all pens die eventually," I answered.

"MY GUY PEN IS GOING TO DIE?" he shrieked.

I could have done a forehead slap on myself for my poorly chosen words. It took me a while to explain what I meant and what that would mean to his beloved guy pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!