Monday, July 22, 2013

Day Twenty-Two: A rant

Here's my soap box:

People. Quit holding high school against other people.

Did you know me in high school? If you did, then you know I am not the same as I was then. I don't even have to explain how I am different. I hope no one holds high school against me.

High school does not define any person. You are not stuck in the high school categories for life. No one is. So stop holding it against Mr. Jock that he was a jerk in high school. Stop holding it against Miss Emo that her black hair hung in her face in high school. Stop holding it against Mr. Nerd that he wasn't cool. Stop holding it against Miss Cheerleader that she was liked by everyone. People can change!

Yes, someone probably hurt your feelings in high school. Guess what? Me, too. Know what else? That same person who was unkind to me in high school isn't the same person that she was back then. Stop holding a grudge.

Stop holding high school against other people. Do not let that (Silly. Immature. SHORT) time of life prejudice you against others. People change.

Rant over.

1 comment:

Hey! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic!